Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Hardboiled from Hard Case Crime

I finished Lawrence Block's "A Walk Among the Tombstones" the other day. 400+ hardboiled pages. Thoroughly enjoyed every page. Good stuff. This is my first book in Block's series about Matt Scudder but hopefully not the last. There's a new(ish) film adaptation out but I haven't watched it.

...and now I'm halfway thru Richard Stark's (aka Donald E. Westlake) "Lemons Never Lie" from 1971. Great stuff. The book was in a huge pile of books on my shelf and I probably wasn't gonna read it till later but then I noticed a "rave" for the book by Lawrence Block and as I'd just finished HIS awesome book. I knew I haaad to read it right away. Both books are published by Hard Case Crime books.


2 comments:

  1. I don't know if you saw my post on Facebook, but I'm reading Misery by Stephen King. It is amazing. Have you read anything by Stephen King?

    Great post, Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tina,
    No, I hadn't seen your post. And I haven't read "Misery" either (but I've watched the film). The only Stephen King book I've read is "Thinner" (on a plane ride between Europe and OZ in the mid-90s, LOL).

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete